Wednesday, May 20, 2009

you're crazy social. you must like dark chocolate.

I just noticed that this will be my 100th post to my blog. 100 feels better than I thought it would....


My sister sent me an article today that changed my life...or at least made more sense of it. In this article, it states that the area of our brain that inclines us to socialize is the same area where our love of chocolate is stored. That possibly these two things are even related. Looking back at my life, I have determined these scientists know what they are talking about!

As you can see, from the graph I created to represent my life so far (photoshop always makes images so much more classy, doesn't it?), I was not really a social child, and even now I am only mildly social. In my early 20's I learned in a quick few years the social abilities that I now have. It's fair to say that that inclination has now leveled off (ok, I think it's heading back down, but I'm pretending it's not).

Same story with chocolate. I never liked chocolate cake or just plain chocolate bars growing up. I did like candy bars that consisted mainly of other things like peanut butter. In my early 20's I started to gain an appreciation of actual chocolate (sorry Hershey...not you) and I began to realize that I actually like chocolate cake as much or more than vanilla cake. That love has leveled off a bit, I think...or has it? Is dark chocolate next? If so, I better start planning more parties.

5 comments:

Jeff said...

That's very fascinating. I think that my love for chocolate has grown over the years as has my desire to be social. You may be on to something here.

jojoba said...

It makes no sense to me. That's why I thought it was an interesting article. I have always had an aversion to chocolate, especially chocolate cake. I think my taste for brownies has actually declined over the years. However, I have always been social (at least, that's how I remember things). What is the deal?

glarcy said...

I think you're not as social as you think you are...

jojoba said...

you could be right

jaustin620 said...

I'm not very social and I love chocolate! How's that for your theory? Aunt Jane