Thursday, May 28, 2009

Part 3 of 364

Things that keep Melissa alive:

Part 3: Lunch Walks

I started doing these a few weeks ago. They serve several purposes:

1- Warms up my body that has been surprisingly chilled in the refrigerator of our office. seriously, I never notice until I walk outside and then I suddenly realize how nice the warmth feels.

2- Lets me eat in peace, with no one listening to my banana chewing, wrapper crinkling, choking sounds, etc.

3- I can practice my long baseball throws in the field I walk next to. I can't wait to see all the apple cores and banana peels when the grass dies in the winter.

4- Makes me eat healthy things (for example...you can't eat a costa vida sweet pork burrito while walking).

5- Builds up callouses on my feet that have been babied way too long.

6- I can finally let out all the songs I've been dying to sing all morning.

7- loosens up my shoulders that naturally tighten when a computer monitor is placed in front of me.

All in all, it's a good thing. Feel free to join me sometime (i hope you like badly sung Neil Diamond).

5 comments:

jojoba said...

I am fond of a long walk.

Mary Ann said...

I would love to hear you sing Neil Diamond. And see your amazing baseball throw. :)

Julie Baldwin said...

One of my favorite family memories is when we all went to the Neil Diamond concert. (I was 21). It was one of the best concerts I've ever been to. We all love to sing along but all of us stink at it.

Jeff said...

I love badly sung Neil Diamond. Maybe I need to start lunchtime walks as well.

Marla said...

"there are two kinds of people in this world. those who like neil diamond and those who don't"
bob wiley from what about bob