Tuesday, May 12, 2009

welcome to part 1 of my 364 part series

Things that keep Melissa alive:

Part 1: Shoes

It's irony, really...because even though they keep me alive, they are killing me, financially. I bought 4 new pairs of shoes in a 3 week period. I realized they were so important to me when I noticed that a high percentage of pictures I take with my phone are of my shoes. I have only had my new phone for a couple months and have only taken about 10 pictures with it, but here are the ones that are of my shoes. My old phone was riddled with them...notice the view of two of the images...looking down from my lap. I wonder if it has something to do with needing a time filler while in the bathroom.
(Hi Judith!)

(ok, some pairs I just dream about....)

Shoes are my vice in more than just the monetary way... I have no padding on the soul of my feet. Thus, my feet constantly hurt if I have to stand more than about 5 minutes on them. Also, my feet have been growing again so many of my favorite pairs of shoes that I bought a year or more ago are now getting too small. My temple shoes were torturing me also so I have spent the last year looking for the perfect pair. Finally I found a pair at Kmart 2 weeks ago that look just like something a little old lady would wear. Since I can't take pictures in the temple, I just spend my time during the session looking down at my shoes (lap view) and loving them. They're so hot! (also, my feet get really warm in them)

6 comments:

Trent & Emily Davies said...

Ooohhh I love the green and yellow ones!!

jojoba said...

"souls" of your feet? geg. I also like shoes and I haven't bought new ones (with the exception of some black Sunday flats) in a long time. Maybe I should.....

Jeff said...

Robyn has the same vice. My vice is electronic gadgets. I don't mess with her vice, she doesn't mess with mine. It's a good system. It's all about the fun money budget.

Julie Baldwin said...

Your feet are still growing? My feet haven't grown since 7th grade. I still have a pair of shoes from then.

Andrea said...

Definitely loving all shoes and think they were great purchases. I think you seriously need to add the green/yellow ones to your collection.

marlamuppets said...

i knew we were kindred spirits :)

look at my blog i did just yesterday...
http://muppetsandme.blogspot.com/2009/05/do-those-come-with-legs-or-pedicured.html