Friday, May 15, 2009

Part 2 of 364

Things that keep Melissa alive:

Part 2: Lost

This was me this morning when I realized that there were only 18 episodes of Lost this season (also, I need a shave).

18 episodes?! And at least two of those were stinking recap episodes that only told me things I already knew (and that's saying something because Lost usually lives up to its name with me)! Other dramas don't waste time on the recap episodes and they still have more quantity (though I guess we could argue about quality).

Just to make sure I wasn't off my rocker in crying injustice, I checked how many episodes other drama shows on all the networks have:

(NBC) Heros: 25
(ABC) the other dramas: 22-24
(CBS) Numbers: 23
(Fox) Bones: 25

So: How do they get away with only having 15-16 legit episodes a season?! Is that not criminal? I should just remember that every season I go through the same trauma (ok, this season I plan to make it a tradition): During the episode I think approximately 5 times: Ok, this is just ridiculous, why do I watch this show? By the end of the episode I'm thinking: I need the next episode NOW! But by the next week, I'm back to thinking: meh...I can wait to see it for a few days. It's just mean to toy with our emotions like that.

Here's a great snl sketch from season 3 (I think).

Also, here is possibly my favorite moment of this season. Hurley is my favorite.

I'd like to publicly thank Carla for the use of her DVR that makes it possible for me to watch Lost whenever it suits my fancy (and is convienient for Carla). She keeps my addiction alive, and that keeps me alive.

4 comments:

jojoba said...

I was wondering if you would continue to post in this series. I am eagrely awaiting the next 362 posts. I can't get the movie you posted, but I think I know what you're talking about with Hurley. "Ok, yeah. We're from the future."

Jeff said...

I haven't seen any of season 5. I have the DVDs for the previous seasons and we're working on getting Robyn caught up so we can watch them together. I did read though, that there are going to be 7 seasons total and they've already mapped out the whole story. Maybe that's why the number of episodes this season is lower. Maybe the story just didn't support any more episodes.

marlamuppets said...

i too, am enraged that they are only doing 18 episodes. i have been SOOO hooked.
and oh yes - i SO love carla. even without her tivo - but with tivo is even nicer. and even nicer than that is when she makes me brownies and homemade hot fudge sauce and lets me watch cheesy bradley cooper abc movies on her couch.
and i LOVE jorge -- check out his blog...
http://dispatchesfromtheisland.blogspot.com/2009/05/what.html

CZ said...

You posted this a long time ago...but I haven't been out blog checking in a while...You are very welcome! I am glad I can enable your addiction...I can also help with the chocolate craving you mention in another post. We may end up filling the void left by "Lost" with chocolate cake...I'm totally good with that!