Monday, March 02, 2009

I could stare at this all day

....and I think I do. It's now my phone wallpaper.

I stumbled upon it on saturday, along with an $80 brown pea coat...too bad I had limited myself to only spending $40 (swimsuit sale at shade).

Speaking of which...here is what I will look like in my new swimsuit from shade:

That's right...no more wedgies. I have finally caught up to the rest of the world in figuring out that one piece swimsuits hurt. Especially for those of us with stubby legs and lengthy torsos.

That's right #2... I bought a gray top with brown bottoms. I love breaking rules. Though, as my friend Catherine pointed out yesterday: at the end of the sale, the store is going to have to figure out what to do with the rogue brown top and gray bottoms. I'll have to check back and see if they're on clearance and they can sell them to me.

Back to the dresser: Actually...only the bottom two drawers are actually drawers. The top "drawer" is actually a pull down desk...how cool is that?!

I want it so badly it hurts...but it's $500. Everyone (except those who truly love me, of course) is telling me that's too expensive. But, it really seems like quality solid wood and for heaven's sake, its for sale down from $1000! You have to admit, 500 sounds pretty good compared to that.

So...give me advice...should I get it? Be honest...its ok.

I can just picture it in a simple room with a flat color on the wall....

12 comments:

Tia said...

Is that really a picture of you in that suit? No fair! I sat at the pool this weekend in Phoenix and felt round and soft - not toned and trim like you! You should model for them! I love that dresser - but the price of $499 is a little high to me - unless it is really big or something. But, it is really cute and I would buy it for me if the price were a bit lower - green is my favorite color! :)
PS - the word I am required to spell before I can post is "gacheads" - interesting.

glarcy said...

no...not me. but thanks for thinking it could be :) if that were me, the picture would be of a white, shapeless, saggy stick. And yes...it's possible for a stick to be saggy.

Tia said...

Okay - sneaky girl. I just saw "your" picture on the shade website. I forgot for a second that you are a graphic designer and can color tricky things like that. Sneaky sneaky!

Now the word I have to spell is "whocko"

jojoba said...

so...I want a new swimsuit. How do I get one and not feel cheated out of my money?

Julie Baldwin said...

I say buy it! Devin and I have many things that we never would have bought now that we are married. I'm glad I just bought stuff when I did because we would never afford to now. So I say if you want it and can pay cash for it DO IT!

Jeff said...

$500 sounds a little high to me. But I do agree with Julie that when you're single is the time to live it up as far as buying stuff. I bought some excellent toys when I was single and I'm glad I did, cause it would take alot of convincing to get Robyn to approve the purchase of my big screen TV now.

Cox Family said...

That dresser is the coolest thing I've seen! I think you should buy it for me! Just kidding, maybe. How often are you going to come across a awesome dresser like that for that price, probably not often so I think that you should buy it. I don't want to say the same thing as everyone else, but I agree, somehow when you get married you magically become poor. So, DO IT!!!!

Andrea said...

Love the suit and the colors. Love the dresser as well.. it definitely goes against your year of "saving money" so that's I say come over to the dark side of "spending money" and get it!!

Trevor said...

It is classy. Just like you!! Love, Mom

jojoba said...

mom has changed....

Greg, Linds, and Avery said...

Melissa! Please call me! 801-378-6182...I have some VERY important news to share!

Mary Ann said...

Buy it! It is SO you!! And if you love it, I don't think you'll ever regret it.