Thursday, October 30, 2008

ode to auntie lulu

Wow, talk about pumpkin carving skills. I still don't know who did it, sadly. Also, I think the origins of my mysterious eye squint are finally brought to light.

Some things I learned (or want to learn) from one of the funniest, happiest, daring-est, creative-est, scripture knowledgeable-est people I ever knew (that's a lot of ests):

Top thing I have admired about her is her sense of humor. Everyone who spent any time with her in the last few months knows of it's resiliency. It survived through every invasive form of radiation treatment on her brain tumor and kept us smiling/snorting anytime we were around her. I believe I now have proof that a sense of humor can get you through anything.

Her children each told of some april fool's prank she played on them. I think my favorite/most random one was when she cut up nylons and cooked the pieces into their breakfast pancakes. I'm so doing that someday. Watch out, my future children.

I'm pretty sure that I was her favorite niece...just like all her kids were sure they were her favorites as well. That's because she treated everyone as if they were the most important to her...how did she do it? It was simply by making that person the most important when she was with them. It seems simple. But, how often do I treat others that way when I am with them?

No comments: