Thursday, October 30, 2008

if you see mr mortensen, tell him his wife has been waiting 29 years.

Yesterday I went to the front desk at our office to test our company's new admin system to make sure everything I normally used on it still worked ok. Doing this required me to login to the admin from scratch. I couldn't remember if my username was just my first name or my first name plus my last name's initial. I wagered a guess and I logged in on the first try! Then I looked closer and saw that I was logged in as "Melissa Mortensen". Now, I know that this is our future admin, but I didn't realize that it was the admin of the future!

My eyes are open for my Mr. Mortensen.

Here's a new awkward Melissa moment for the week:

Attending my aunt's funeral on saturday, I was excited at the prospect of seeing my mission president and his wife and other couples from my mission that my aunt and uncle served with as well. I was able to talk to the Brooksbys who were in the mission office while I was there and the Roberts' (my mission pres) right as I arrived at the viewing before the funeral. I then proceeded in to the viewing room. A few minutes later, I saw a youngish man out in the hallway that looked familiar, but I couldn't figure out why. I brushed it off assuming it was a missionary from my mission that I just didn't know very well. About 20 minutes later I was talking to my sister and this same guy taps me on the shoulder and says "Hi, Melissa"
....all I could say was "Hi...i don't remember how I know you..."
"um...we went out a few times"
oh yeah....aunt Linda set us up a couple years ago.
"yeah...oh!....those were really fun dates"

3 comments:

Jeff said...

I'm glad you had so much fun on those dates with that guy. Was his last name Morensen?

Andrea said...

That is absolutely classic.

Tia said...

So, what you're saying is that those dates were really meaningful - right? I'll keep my eyes out for Mr. Melissa Cox. :)