Thursday, September 25, 2008

you: gliding down the stairs.
me: steamed.

I've had a rough week at work with the customers. I don't know if my customer service skills have gone down in the last few months or what, but the customers this week basically think I'm incompetent. Yesterday, I thought they were becoming appeased but right before I left work at 3:30, I got an email from one that basically sent steam shooting out my ears. I shouldn't let myself get so upset when he was just misunderstanding what I was trying to explain to him. But he was misunderstanding in such a demeaning and are-you-daft?! sort of way. Still... he was the one that wasn't understanding correctly. I had to send him a quick reply before I left to try and calmly explain it in a way he would understand. Then, with my head still spinning with rage and frustration I left the office to go to my temple shift.

Suddenly there you were, gliding (best word to describe your walk) down the stairs two at a time in front of me. You completely changed my mindset in a split moment. In case you don't know if you are you... let me refresh your memory. You were wearing a sea green button up patterned short sleeved shirt, Electric blue jeans that I haven't seen in over 2 decades...you know the ones with an elastic waistband that resides anywhere above the bellybutton, without any back pockets or any sort of body shape? Actually there's some shape... they come to a defining peg slightly below the calf where your white socks and checkered 80's slip on shoes extend below... way below.

Your dress and demeanor announced "the world may care...but I don't". So thanks....You.

3 comments:

jojoba said...

yesterday was not a good day for me, either. but people who dress like the person you described make me so happy. Like my professor with the pleated jeans

Jeff said...

You're welcome. I did it for you. I knew it would help out your day.

tanyamae said...

:)