Wednesday, February 20, 2008

nothing more than feelings


While drinking our favorite Korean soda last sunday at dinner, I read aloud my favorite part of the bottle to my nephew Sam. "New feeling of soda beverage" I said. He clearly liked that.

Our neighbor Margie showed up and sat down to start eating with us. She takes some soda and Sam says all excitedly to her "you get a new feeling now too!" A few minutes later he declares, "I like my new feeling...I have a new feeling of love for my family. (awwwwwww) what's your new feeling, Margie?!" Margie stammers.... "uuuuuuuh....new feeling, yes!" Then Sam's mom saves her by saying, "I have a new feeling of not being thirsty any more."

Thanks, Sam, for putting us in touch with our feelings again...no matter how uncomfortable.

1 comment:

Tia said...

That is so stinkin' cute! I am drinking a Diet Coke right now and I love the new feelings it gives me! That bubbly feeling in my throat, the satisfying burp it gurgles up and the little jolt of energy I need! Great feelings!