Monday, February 11, 2008

it's a girl!


I had my first 'Girly' night last thursday. No, we didn't watch Pride and Prejudice and crimp each other's hair....

We did go get manicures. My first ever! (results shown above...apparently I have also added some bling to my wardrobe) I have to admit that I wasn't impressed: The manicure didn't cure my hangnails and I still bite my nails just as much as ever. Neither did it cure my need for a 'man' in my life. Some of my friends did pedicures and I must say that I was a little jealous watching them in their vibrating chairs with their feet being massaged, scrubbed, lotioned and soaking in hot water. I, on the other hand, was leaning forward anxiously trying to hold my hand in the perfect claw position. I paid $16 for a kink in my neck, basically. It worked out well in the end, though...they gave me a cold greasy egg roll in celebration of the lunar new year. That kept my teeth busy and spared my new paint job from destruction for a few minutes.

2 comments:

Tia said...

HA! I love it! I too learned that a pedicure is way better than a manicure the hard way. It is totally worth the extra $10. It is good to hear someone gaff at spending so much on a kinked neck.

tanyamae said...

awesome!