Tuesday, June 01, 2010

part 14 of 364

Things that keep Melissa alive

Part 14: being liked
I have to admit, I can't stand it when I think someone doesn't like me. But that is not the point of this post. The point of this post (along with 50% of my posts whether you realize it or not) is that I'm single. Yes. Yes, I am. And every once in a while, I get to thinking why it is that no guys like me. I have documented to you my attempts to become more visually appealing to guys over the years. I have even attempted some you don't know about yet (wearing eyeliner...now you know). But none of those seem to make any sort of difference in their interest level.

When I get in those "no boys like me" funks, I usually try to think of boys that do (because there have been a few). There's that one kid in first grade that kissed me while we were writing at our desks. There was the guy after my mission that I broke his heart so bad that he got married 3 months later. There's even a current "hoverer" that I try to avoid as delicately as possible.

So there you have it. There are guys that like me. This last year has also brought out a new breed of guys that like me. These are ldslinkup guys who profess their undying love in the first feeler message they send out. The only problem: All of these guys are currently somewhere in Africa. I have received countless messages from these guys over the last year. Here is a sampling of the ones I have received in just one week:

"Hello , how are you doing today?
Am good, checked out your profile and am impressed-please can we talk more? By the way, i like your smile too :-)"

"Can we chat dear? I can see yoou are on line
my yahoo Id is *******@yahoo.com
Can Add me now"

"How YOU doin?"

"Hi how are you?its nice to see your beautiful pic.very cute eyes.i am making new lds friends.
what is your name?my name is *****"

"Hi
So nice picture, happy will be the man who will win your heart, I hope he will see the great lucky be with you each day... I would like to know you I hope you like meet new people"

Sadly, none of these include the classic petition I generally receive to be their african princess but I will be sure to post one when I get it.

My other friends on ldslinkup never get the African guys after them, which brought me to the conclusion that I am hotter than my friends. (Or it could just be because I have my mission listed as South Africa) So, when I really think about it, I determine that the whole world likes me! And that knowledge keeps me alive.

Now, which one should I marry?

7 comments:

jojoba said...

wow. See!? Guys do like you. But I also know the feeling...

Jeff said...

Melissa, you are awesome. I agree with the guy that said, "happy will be the man who will win your heart."

I'm glad you have so much love in Africa. Maybe you need to take more vacations there.

Mary Ann said...

I vote for the last guy. His grammar would keep me entertained. :)

Tia said...

This is so awesome! I'd go for the one who said he is impressed by your profile. :)

Andrea said...

I say hold out for the crown. One of them has to have some royalty blood and wealth.

Stacey said...

I think the one that said you had cute eyes is the keeper! It is very true!

Jon said...

Who's the lurker? I want to meet him. Forget the Africa stuff.