Friday, October 02, 2009

officially I am an old lady

I went with my sister yesterday to get Walter's shots. Btw, my brothers and I bought my sister a golden retriever puppy for her graduation present (actually, so far it's just one brother and I that bought it for her...the other brother hasn't paid me yet [cough] Trevor.)

These are both pics from the day we got him 3 weeks ago. I swear he is twice this size already!

During our stay at the vet's office, I decided that there are some similarities to the temple.

1) You make friends with random people you sit by: EVERY person that came in with their tiny shi tzu or 12 year old mini beagle had to stop and fawn over Walter. And I quote: "A golden retriever puppy has always been my dream dog!" And in my mind, I would be thinking, so...why do you have that yappy little thing? I'm so glad I could get everyone else's dream dog for my sister. Luckily I think he's also her dream dog.

2) When you see people crying, just look away: After we had been waiting for quite some time, the exam room right in front of us opened and 5 people with very tear-stained faces came stumbling out, sans the little white fluffy dog they went in with.

I have to admit, I was a little worried what everyone there was thinking about these two women who brought their dog in... but my fears were unfounded because after my sister told one lady that we had talked to for a while that our mom taught piano lessons, that lady then turned to me and said, "that's neat that you teach piano..." That was a relief, and also made my sister laugh really really hard.

6 comments:

jojoba said...

That, coupled with two statements from the last couple of weeks combine to make me think I look much younger than I am.

1- I moved to a new ward and a member of the bishopric told me I couldn't be there if I was under 20 years old.

2- Someone in Ken's elders' quorum mentioned that he noticed mom and I were visiting, and that I must be Ken's MUCH younger sister. hehe

Cox Family said...

You must have changed ALOT since we saw you last. I can't wait to see Melissa as a mother of a 25 year old!

Jeff said...

Hey, this is an improvement. Remember those other blog posts when you said that people thought you were a boy? At least they didn't think you were her father. :)

Mary Ann said...

So what exactly were you worried that they were thinking about you and your sister?

Jon said...

Maybe you should ask Katie about her bedtime facial routine. It makes her smell like a steak smothered in rosemary and thyme.

Stacey said...

I'm glad that you verbally keep me up on your blog posts. I feel like I haven't missed out on so much!