Thursday, October 29, 2009

late bloomin' and bloomin' late

Mom always said I was a late bloomer. So, now that's my excuse for everything. Apparently it took me about 15 years longer than most girls to decide I actually wanted to be a girl. Maybe I didn't realize that most boys want to marry a girl. Not a tomboy who plays with snakes.

About 3 years ago, I decided it was time to start fixing myself up to be more attractive to the boys. These "fix-ups" included:

  • Getting Lasik so I could once and for all dump my glasses and nevermore look like an alien in photos (at least from no fault of my glasses).
  • Getting my ears pierced for the first time ever!
  • Growing my hair out
  • Starting a more aggressive face routine that requires morning and night dedication
  • Working out more = once a week
  • Using the "natural glow" body lotion. Now instead of fluorescent, I am just an incandescent glow in the summer.
  • Learning what eye shadow was. Thanks, Tia!
  • Kicking the board shorts habit
  • Getting my first (and last) manicure
  • Working at the temple (not only makes me a woman, but an old woman at that)
Next week, I will perform my latest transformation attempt by visiting the dermatologist to see about having my mole removed. Yes. THAT mole. You all know it. My mole and I have been inseparable for a lifetime (not for lack of trying, though). About 10 years ago, I went to my dermatologist and asked him to remove it, but he refused saying that it would create too big of a scar on my face if he cut it out and he didn't want to hurt my dating chances by creating that scar. Well, news flash for him: since none of my other amazing transformations have gotten me the dates, this HAS to be the culprit! So, I'm determined it must go. And I will go see the only dermatologist in Utah valley that takes my insurance to make it happen.

Fingers crossed...I'll let you know how it goes!

7 comments:

jojoba said...

very nice. Maybe I should have my mole removed...

Andrea said...

I'm going to the dermatologist Monday. Good luck!

Jeff said...

I'm pretty sure my mole is more prominent than yours.

Mary Ann said...

You should grow your hair out long enough to have two side pony tails again. I think the boys would go wild for that. Good luck with the mole!

Tracy Blackburn said...

I'm just commenting because as it turns out, I can.

Robyn said...

I have a few moles myself and Jeff still likes me. Well, maybe because we both have them. Maybe you should just find a boy with one like I did. I know, if it were only that easy.

Tia said...

Nice. Good luck with that. :) I love that picture of you - your piggy tails were adorable!