Friday, September 04, 2009

things that will no longer keep me alive

Sometimes love is a decision. Sometimes that decision is even financially based.

Have any of you ever had the South Hampton Sandwich at Gandolfo's? Let me tell you, it is heaven. Warm turkeylettucetomatoswissavocado on white bread heaven. But heaven has been consistently upping its prices. Today, my half heaven sandwich cost $5 even. No, that did not include a drink or chips. Yes, it did include 3 napkins. Good to know they are generous. Heck, for $5, they even wrapped the sandwich in paper for me.

Now, I can hear you all saying that every other sandwich shop is just as expensive. The problem with that argument for me is that none of them are good, so it's hard for me to care if their sandwiches are expensive. I have no problem ditching subway. And that's because they don't sell heaven. Gandolfo's does.

So sometimes you just have to say No to love. No to heaven. Maybe hell has cheaper sandwiches....

4 comments:

jojoba said...

dang. That is very sad. You should email them and tell them you won't be going there anymore and why.

Julie Baldwin said...

Sensuous Sandwich is the best sandwich place in the universe!!!!!!!

Jeff said...

When Wendy's raised their Junior Bacon Cheeseburger from $.99 to $1.29 I called the local manager and complained and I called the corporate office and told them I would never eat at Wendy's again. I kept my promise until they brought the price back down. I'm sure I wasn't the only one and that's why the price came back down. Maybe you should fight for your love.

Andrea said...

I passed Gondolfo's on my way out of town on Friday and I gotta say my mouth started watering thinking about the goodness of their sandwiches. Definitely a little bit of heaven you should splurge on every now and again.