Monday, June 08, 2009

best way to get people to come to your reception

On the invitation, it simply stated:

"There will be a receiving line from 6:30-7:00
Please be in your seats for the show at 7:00
the receiving line will resume from 8:00-8:30"

Show?! what is the show?
Ok, I had to go just to ease my curiosity.

Awkward melissa moment: my name wasn't actually on the invitation. But I went anyway because I was so curious (hoping that they just sent it to the wrong address and assumed I got it). But when I gave the bride a hug, she was like "oh, I sent you an invitation and it came back in the mail as undeliverable..."

"oh...good thing I decided to crash your reception anyway!"

6 comments:

jojoba said...

whose wedding? What was the program? So many unanswered questions.

Jeff said...

I also need to know what the show was. Do tell.

Tia said...

What is this half post? Tell us what the "show" was!

glarcy said...

I was just trying to give you a taste of what it was like to be us as guests... :)

The show actually just ended up being the parents toasting them, the groom playing a guitar song, having their first dance, showing the video, and cutting the cake...stuff like that.

I was so hoping for a stand up comic or something.

Julie Baldwin said...

Devin and I joke around that "the next time we get married we are going to do this or that." Note to self, make sure to have a "SHOW" to get people excited to come.
Maybe we'll have a "show" at our 50th wedding anniversary party.

Jon said...

My name is Bog Grogan and I approve of that message.

Although it would have been cooler if they had had a wild west gun fight or something.