Wednesday, February 03, 2010

all youtube considered

Welcome back to this lunch-time segment of "music melissa is listening to lately".

My first offering is from Mika's new album. I know, it's been out a couple of months, but I haven't gotten around to listening to it until now. Just like his last album, there are a few songs I could probably do without. But, also like his last album, there are songs not to do without (applaud my use of the double negative). If you haven't heard any of his stuff, give this one a listen to start:



Most of his music videos are actually available on youtube, but I find that watching him dance changes my perception about his music, so I prefer you to listen untainted :)

The next group I discovered just today because I have been watching the movie 500 Days of Summer (finally) for about 30 minutes a night. Last night, I saw my favorite part:



Thank you Hall and Oats. Looking it up on youtube today, I started wondering why Zooey Deschanel doesn't do more with her singing than sing in every single movie she's ever in. And guess what I found? She not only is in a tiny little group, but she even writes the songs, too! (I think). So here is one from their album She & Him: Volume 1 - Enjoy!:



wow...was that too much youtube at once? Sorry for those of you who have it blocked at work....

3 comments:

jojoba said...

Wow. I now want to listen to the whole album, and watch the whole movie. Thanks for exposing me to new and interesting things!

Jeff said...

I haven't seen that movie but that was an excellent sequence. I wish that would happen in my daily life.

Andrea said...

Yeah for Mika! I didn't even know he had a new album out and how perfect that it rained today and I hate rainy days. Can't believe you don't like the dancing though. And glad you found out about She & Him. The "him" was actually in Utah over the summer performing.