Friday, February 26, 2010

february happenings

Ah... it's that time of year again when the weather starts to warm up and the trees begin to bud. Then, everything freezes up again and there goes our apricot crop for the year. Why do you have to be so cruel to plant and human life, February? On the bright side, Timpanogos has looked amazing the last 2 days. Take a moment to look at it right now... see what I mean?

Over president's day weekend I went to Lubbock, TX for a visit. If you told me 5 years ago that I would visit Lubbock, TX approximately 5-6 times in a 3 year period I would have predicted it must be to visit my boyfriend down there. And I would have been right! (If, by "boyfriend" I meant my nephews and niece) We ate at the best bbq place I have ever tasted (not saying too much as I never have bbq) so now I'm in search of bbq in Utah that is as good. Help me out...what is the best bbq place you've been to here? For me, it's all about the ribs. The meat absolutely fell off the bones of the lubbock bbq. Is it too much to ask to have the meat fall of the bones? maybe it is.

One day before we flew to Lubbock, I bought a real computer for the first time since 1999. Yes, you heard me right...1999. My devastatingly disappointing eee pc that I bought 1.5 years ago does not count. The only thing I could do on that was watch hulu and when hulu even stopped working on it I decided it was time. I am now $1800 lighter thanks to my new Macbook Pro decked out with the Adobe premier suite. Send your designing requests my way as now my evenings can be spent in good quality time with my real BF, Mac.... He's no Ken, but he's shinier and metal, not plastic.

8 comments:

Jeff said...

I love bbq. I can't think of any really good places here though. In Sioux Falls, SD there's a really good place called Nap's Alabama Barbecue. If you're ever in South Dakota give it a try. Or maybe if you're in Alabama they might have a placed called Nap's Barbecue.

Tia said...

I haven't found any like I've had in Texas, but I really like Texas Roadhouse. Hopefully D will take me there on a date tonight.

I love that you got a new computer - it is so nice to get something that is totally up-to-date (even if it won't last long)

jojoba said...

You are right. Timp does look awesome. Also, I love technology.

Mary Ann said...

I love the cowgirl picture of you. I just wish you were pulling a face that could give Scott some good competition for best drunk Mexican. And yes, I've noticed how amazing Timp looks. But I kind of hate that it makes me appreciate the snow right now.

Robyn said...

Ooh, I like your computer. I debated on getting a Mac when I had to replace my laptop, but I didn't want to wait to get a computer so I got the cheaper one. Probably not the best idea in the world. Oh well, we all live and learn.

Jon said...

I never really understood the eee pc decision in the first place...

Tracy Blackburn said...

um, you forgot to mention my birthday... :)

Heather said...

You should try the Smokehouse Grill. There's one over by the Distribution Center in Orem, and then there's one on Provo Center Street.