Monday, August 10, 2009

part 6 of 364

Things that keep melissa alive:

part 6: 2 minute noodles

Here's a little ode to a food that has kept me alive at various times in my life:

Raman noodles, you are so good to eat.
you last forever and smell a little like feet.

I have to admit, you never sound good
but once I eat you, my mouth says, "food!"

So many flavors, I stay interested.
except the shrimp, cause I can't digest it.

you help my budget cause you are so cheap.
but what are you made of, you strange little heap?

I'll tell everyone that you can't be beat.
cause you're so fast to cook! good to eat!

The above is a pic of my favorite kind of 2-minute noodles. The foreign kind. This one was curry flavor. That's my favorite. It's especially helpful for sinus congestion.

6 comments:

jojoba said...

I loves the Ramens. I like to drop an egg in. Also, I think that comics are the language of the universe: http://www.phdcomics.com/comics/archive.php?comicid=807

Julie Baldwin said...

Can you believe that I was at BYU before I ever had Ramen? It was like a secret treat that somehow I missed out on all growing up.

Jeff said...

I love Ramen, I also love Cup O Noodles, which is the same thing only it comes with the seasoning already added and it's in a convenient cup.

Stacey said...

Wow, you're such a good rhymer.

Kim said...

These also kept Jacob alive his entire freshman year of college. And when I'm not home to cook. :)

Jana and Rob said...

I can only eat Ramen in small amounts. I ate too many as after school snacks growing up that they taste gross to me now.