Monday, August 03, 2009

part 5 of 364

Things that keep melissa alive:

part 5: Music

I know what you're thinking...this is the same as part 4 and you're kind of right...my main reason for liking music is so that I can sing along (another good reason to work from home and not in an office near other living beings with ear drums).

This is slightly embarrassing to admit, but leaving on a mission for a year and a half, I knew the thing I would miss the most would be my music. But my music collection isn't even that vast thanks to my cutting edge 4gig ipod mini. It forces me to sacrifice songs on it that I don't love to make room for new discoveries.


And here they are. I've liked the artists for a while, but the one album just came out, and the other I didn't know existed until a few months ago.

Every once in a while, an album comes along that has such a high percentage of favorite songs on it, that I actually purchase the whole album. And in the case of these two, I wanted the actual physical cds. I'm not really sure why. If I wasn't so cheap, I'd probably get the LP's too.

Bravo ladies. Keep up the good work!

Songs sacrificed to add these two albums to my ipod:

All the Jack Johnson songs that skip
All the Dave Matthews songs that I never ever listen to. Something is wrong with me. I keep thinking I should like him but he just doesn't excite me.

6 comments:

jojoba said...

I feel the same way about Dave Matthews, and I feel guilty about it. Maybe I'm broken. Also, why didn't you delete the skipping songs before now?

Jeff said...

Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven. So pretty much your little ipod is bringing you all sorts of blessings.

Julie Baldwin said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that had a hard time leaving the music behind when I left on my mission. I always got excited when I heard good music on the buses or walking down the street.

Stacey said...

I echo Jeff. Though it's not really a sacrifice unless you give up something you want. But you are giving up something, so it's a step in the right direction.

Marla said...

i don't like dave matthews either. he sounds like a crow.
i'm going to listen to that regina girl -- the cover looks interesting.

Cox Family said...

I'll try to forgive your comment about Dave Matthews Band. There is no better music in my little world.