Wednesday, April 22, 2009

me + week of simple pleasures

I want to turn a new leaf. A positive one. I have been noticing that nice things are happening to me. Mostly little things. I think what kickstarted it was my trip to Cambria, CA. That place is just blooming with pleasures of the simplest kind.

1- Stopping at H & M in vegas and just as I look at the mall map and mutter "I wonder if they have a Fossil..." having Stacey poke my shoulder and point to the fossil store right in front of me.

2- Tearing a hole in my new shirt from H & M the first time I wore it...and wearing it again anyway.

3- Taking a walk on this road on Easter Sunday and running into an Indian man from South Africa (yup...they still talk just as much as ever, even in the U.S.).

4- Missing Easter bonnets and then seeing a 12 year old girl wearing gloves and a bonnet at church.

5- Realizing later (when she was teaching R.S.) that she's probably my age.

6- Sitting on a cold windy beach in my new swimming suit trying to stay warm and having the blowing sand exfoliate my skin.

7- Seeing these paint splotches while canvasing the surrounding hills of Cambria for good photos and knowing exactly what they mean.

8- Upon arriving home, finding out that my landlord fixed the rattle in the pipe to my bathroom. It's nice to wash my face with warm water again....

9- Driving my car for the first time after returning and having the annoying clicking sound my car had been making for 2 months just magically stop.

10- Having everyone fawn over my new hair style that took a lot less longer to do than the one no one ever commented on.

5 comments:

jojoba said...

I have questions!!! What did the paint splotches mean? What shirt? Is H&M still awesome?

Also, I think the easter bonnet thing is awesome. I wish I weren't afraid to wear one.

Andrea said...

This place looks amazing! I'm glad you fit in H&M on your trip as well.

glarcy said...

the paint: someone was trying to watercolor the amazing scene we were photographing and dropped their water color pallet peanut butter side down (so to speak).

Jeff said...

I'm glad you've found so many things to be happy about. I also want to see the new hairstyle that got so many comments.

Tia said...

What a great post! It is so refreshing to take notice of the simple pleasures in life.
I want to see your new hairstyle!