Tuesday, February 17, 2009

somehow I look like a boy, even on the phone

Just to follow up on the last post...last night I had to call Verizon about 12 times because we were trying to upgrade our phones online and it seems that Verizon hates our account. By the time I had put in my phone number and secret password for about the 20th time and then waited on hold for 20 minutes once again, it was hard to mask my thinly veiled anger to the unsuspecting agent on the other end. (My poor family that had to hear me rant and rave while waiting on the line...my anger wasn't so thinly veiled around them).

Then, when the customer support agent finished our conversation and asked for me to validate them: "Have I successfully helped you with all your questions today, sir- er...ma'am?

5 comments:

Trevor said...

I can't believe it! I was just going to comment on your last post and say you need to tell about being confused as a man on the phone! Hahaha, that is awesome!

jojoba said...

awesome. I'm glad I wasn't there to see the wrath.

Mary Ann said...

That's pretty funny! People are weirdies. I've never once thought you were a boy--in person or on the phone. I like how well you are able to find the humor in it all. :)

Jeff said...

I'm sure they were just reading a script that said sir/ma'am and they just screwed up reading and not determining which one applied.

Stacey said...

That's uncanny. Maybe you should start a journal.