Thursday, July 03, 2008

folders and wadders

I made a discovery this week when talking to my family. And, I'm not going to lie, this discovery kind of rocked the foundation of my life as I knew it. Like when you think the entire world is one way because well...that's how you are, and as far as you know you're completely normal, only to find out that you're actually the weird one. (Ok I admit it, finding out that I'm the weird one is not that new for me.)

I found out there are two types of toilet paper users in the world. I always knew that one of my parents liked the folding neatly method, but I always just thought that was a one-in-a-million trait to have...and yes, I think it's insane. I found out the other day that probably 50% or more of my family uses the folding method! Even in-laws! (i'm protecting names, here...it seems like a sensitive subject) I think it might actually be more than 50%...but even that is a lot. You might have figured out that I'm a wadder...it just makes a lot more sense to me on many levels. Maybe here isn't the best place to discuss them. But now I'm curious. Is it just my family that is weird? What do you do?

4 comments:

jojoba said...

I wad. I'm a wadder.

tanyamae said...

i waddle as well...

mostly because that time makes me think about other things... i really dont have the patients or mental energy to manage a fold....

p.s. thanks for the book idea. i will look into it. :)

Tia said...

I wad when it's a #1 and fold for a #2. This does seem oddly personal information - but for some reason I don't mind sharing it.

Jeff said...

I clearly wad. Why anyone would take the time to neatly fold something that will be flushed down the toilet a moment later is beyond me. I feel very strongly about wadding. I would like to share wadding with all folders that might be out there.