Friday, March 14, 2008

it's a girl II

Ok, so I withheld some information on my last it's a girl post. The same night we got manicures, I also got my ears pierced! It really is about time that I became a girl. Notice in the first picture how I'm not even flinching? Yeah, I'm tough... or she just hadn't pulled the trigger yet.

It has now been more than a month and, in hindsight, there are a few things I would have done differently. I would have actually read the instructions that came with the alcohol solution they provided me. Which means I wouldn't have spun the ear rings playfully all day long the first couple of days. Which means my earlobes (especially my left) wouldn't have become all irritated (and infected?). Which means that I wouldn't have been laying on my back awake at night for 2 nights straight trying to ignore the throbbing pain. I also wouldn't have been forced to be creative in the positions I slept (a rice bag can perform many functions, I find).

My fav part of the night was the bag they provided me to carry with me to my manicure. It just screamed "yeah, I'm 28...and finally became a girl".

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Andrea said...

I've been waiting for these pictures! Congrats on the big step!

bethy said...

You are one wild n crazy gal! We're still waiting for you to visit us in the big AZ.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jojoba said...

I think you need to change your blogger settings for who can comment. Either you moderate the comments before they are posted, or you have the oddly arranged group of letters and symbols people always have to type in. That would stop annoying entries like the one before mine.

glarcy said...

ok, all done. But that likely means I won't get as many comments...heh sad

Tia said...

Ohh, now I am curious about the comment before Jenny's. Congrats on the ear piercing - I thought it hurt SO BAD! I was twelve and I honestly started crying and didn't want to let them do the other ear. I was in so much pain that I thought at that moment, that I would rather wander through life with one ear pierced (there are lots of goofy guys that do it in one ear). I guess according to your definition, I would have only been 1/2 girl. Whew, I'm glad I pierced both!

glarcy said...

no tia...I think there's no way you couldn't be 100% girl :)