Wednesday, April 28, 2010

part 13 of 364

Things that keep Melissa alive

Part 13: Cheese products

I was going to do a post for each cheese product in my life but I think that might take all 364 parts of the series.

Some things of note about my love affair with cheese...and cheez:
  • It doesn't matter the realness or the fakeness (cheez) of the cheese, I will love it. I am a die hard Havarti fan (direct from Denmark) but I also never tire of a Mac and Cheese lunch
  • When eating hot foods with grated cheese on them, I actually prefer my cheese to be unmelted, if possible. Ex: With tacos, I am a cheese on top the lettuce fan opposed to cheese right on top the hot meat. Also, when making my egg, cheese, and toast sandwiches I like to place the slice of cheese right on top just before each bite so it doesn't have time to melt before I eat it.
  • If making grilled cheese sandwiches, I actually prefer using a fake Kraft single over a real slice of cheddar (probably relating to my previous point about not really loving melted real cheese). It turns out I do like melted cheez, just not melted cheese.
  • I like to try exciting new forms of cheese and cheez. For example, let me introduce you to Cheez-it cookies:
I found the recipe yesterday while googling all things Cheez-it. By the way, are you a white cheddar cheez-it fan or a parmesan garlic cheez-it fan? (I have a poll going, and I'd like to prove myself right). These cookies actually have Cheez-its ground in the dough plus the cracker on top. They are surprisingly tasty!

What are your favorite forms of cheese and cheez? Here are mine in no particular order (I want them all to feel equally loved)

Cheese:
  • Havarti
  • Smoked Gouda
  • Sharp Cheddar
  • Feta
  • Edam
  • Jarlsberg
  • Mozzarella (fresh, please)
  • Parmesan (block)
Cheez:
  • Kraft Singles
  • Kraft Mac and Cheese
  • Cheetos
  • Cheez-its
  • Handi-snacks (love that cheez!)
  • Cheese Ritz Bitz
  • Cheese Dorritos
  • Velveeta
If cheese were a man, I would so marry him.

In a world where I get tired of eating the same things over and over again I am blessed to have so many cheese options to keep me interested. And that keeps me alive!

11 comments:

jojoba said...

3 things: 1) I can attest that the cheez-it cookies are super tasty. 2) I am a white cheddar cheez-it sort of gal. 3) You totally got that "if X were a man, I would so marry him" from me!

scott said...

Amen to the chesse, not so much to the cheez.

Jeff said...

Cheese is true awesomeness. I'm glad you haven't married cheese because I don't feel it would be fair for cheese to be exclusive with you.

Tia said...

I could live in a world without cheese and not miss it much. I don't mind it most of the time, but it certainly isn't something I crave or seek out. I usually pull it off of my pizza, nachos and sandwiches.
Don't get me wrong, I cook with it all the time, I just use it extra sparingly. :)

Andrea said...

Yum.. I love cheese. The other day I thought about our cheese lunch we had at BB a long time ago. I do love me some Muenster cheese from the creamery though. And i like both cheez-it's but probably parmesan garlic more.

Mary Ann said...

I had no idea you were so in love with cheese/cheez. I've never tried the parmesan garlic cheez-its, but I love most all cheese crackers as well as most all forms of cheese.

Robyn said...

I LOVE Havarti! I like it with a whole wheat cracker, fresh cucumber ,and lightly dashed with salt! It is so good! I love all things cheese and haven't meet a cheez-it I didn't like so I am no help with the poll.

Julie Baldwin said...

Did you know that April is National Grilled Cheese month? We love cheese at our house. Anna will eat cheese in all forms. She loves string cheese and will often go to the fridge and pull on the handle and smile and say, "cheeeeeeese!"

Stacey said...

You may have one of my string cheeses in the fridge if you'd like. Though I noticed that type of cheese is not on your list.

Jana and Rob said...

I love cheese too! I don't like cheddar cheez-its, but I do like the white cheddar and the Parmesan sounds good too. My mom got us hooked on eating sharp cheddar cheese with a pancake breakfast. Rob thought it was so weird but now he gets the cheese out when we have pancakes.

Jon said...

Katie married me partly because I'm cheesey, but not because of what cheese does to me.