Friday, April 16, 2010

hello internet, your face is the same but your breath...

I can't believe I spent the last two weeks without phone or internet service. But, this is how I felt about it:

Give me a snake and I'll be happy.

It was a trip full of ups and downs, but I guess I shouldn't expect everything to go perfectly for 2 weeks straight. Yet, somehow I loved every minute. Every cockroach (ok, I just love the memory of them...and killing them). Every wrong turn. Every 10 hour flight. Every lie our hotel told us. Every elevator squealing through the night. Every view from Table mountain (hint: there was no view). Every sunburn. Every stomach cramp. Every mosquito.

There. Those are all the low points of the trip. Next post will be about the high points.

Side note: I have come to realize today how miraculous it was that we made it out of europe yesterday. Our flight was the last flight allowed out of Amsterdam before they closed the airport because of volcano ash. Good, good, good to be home. And thank you, bathroom sink, for not being infested with cockroaches.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Wow.. i need to go now.. for all the good parts hopefully and to have a snake that big wrapped around me. ill do without the cockroaches though.. those things gross me out here. welcome back.

Tia said...

Hooray you made it home! I can't wait to hear the good parts of the trip!

jojoba said...

Wow. A very compelling synopsis. I am so glad I don't have to deal with cockroaches. They give me the creeps. That volcano thing is crazy.

PS-word verification used an actual word! (busses)

Mary Ann said...

I'm glad you're back! I really can't wait to see pics and hear more fabulous stories!!

Jeff said...

I feel really good about you and that massive snake.

Cox Family said...

Welcome back! We're so anxious to hear about your trip and see pictures. And I'm really glad that nasty picture of the guy picking his eye is not the picture that pops up first. I'd much rather look at a picture of you with a snake!