Friday, December 26, 2008

Sorry for the posting drought...I've been thinking. Thinking about my irrational fears. I have a few:

1-My stories are dreadfully boring. I had a district leader that was a bit jerky (understatement) and told me once (right after I finished telling a story that I thought was hilarious, of course) that I tell the most boring stories...thus the foundation of my fear.

2-That my fear that my stories are boring is not actually irrational...

3-My teeth crumbling. Someone told me once that that means that I fear losing something permanent in my life. You would think that I would actually floss with this irrational fear that might turn out to not be irrational afterall.

4-Change (to go along with the previous). My routine, my family, my job...don't change it. Every time I go through what I think is a big change, I do a mini panic only to find out in the end that it wasn't really a big deal.

5-My car tires will "twist their ankles" if I turn a corner too tight. I think this stems back to the worst injury I've had. A few years ago I tore a couple ligaments in my left ankle when came down from a rebound on someone's foot...wait...was that story boring?

6-Spiders underneath my toilet seat. That is a very vulnerable spot for a spider to have access to.

7-I have every deadly disease known to man. I'm 95% positive this one is actually true...also, is that a lump on my neck?

8-There is a man hiding in the back seat of my car.

4 comments:

Tia said...

Okay, this is so funny (and not boring) because I have some of the exact same fears!! I too have nightmares of my teeth crumbling. I also am afraid that there is someone in my backseat, or under my bed, or in my closet, etc. I'm also right there with you on fear of change. I am a comfort creature and I like to play it safe. One that you didn't mention that I fear is that someone will cut my eyelashes off in my sleep "Oh, Jo, your one beauty!" (Little Women)

Jeff said...

That is a huge spider. I usually don't have a problem with spiders, but if I saw that one on the toilet paper it might frighten me.

I can't address all your fears, but I can address one of them. Your blog is one of my favorites to read. Whenever I see that you have updated, I get a little bit excited to see what you wrote.

glarcy said...

i'm glad you like my blog. I was worried because the other day I was almost a little bit offended when I was reading your blog and didn't see my blog listed under your friend's blogs list anymore. I thought our friendship was over, but then i realized that mine just wasn't listed because it had been so long since I posted...heh...joke's on me :)

Tia, that is indeed a nightmare if your eyelashes were removed! I'm pretty sure I wouldn't recognize you :)...me on the other hand...i would look no different.

Mary Ann said...

Um, you're hilarious! And so is your blog. I just really hate that I couldn't stop looking at that creepy spider. Yuck!