Thursday, August 14, 2008

lessons from flaming george

yes, yes...I know it's gorge...i just like george better.

Apparently 101 tries is the key to getting up on a wakeboard.
Not 100....101.

Talking calmly doesn't necessarily get the point across to raft members that a large rock is looming ahead so they need to paddle.

I should never go river rafting again....
you'd think after 3 years of river rafting ocd, I would learn.

Jenni also suffers from my same rafting ocd tendencies.
Thanks, Jenni...I'm glad I'm not alone (though she might control it a little better than me)....

A thermarest isn't as comfortable as it used to be.

I can develop a tolerance to Tylonol PM.

Forcing those riding in your car to listen to your music doesn't mean they will be converted to it.

The purple earplugs are the cheap ones.
they don't work...use this information to your advantage.

Cleaning a chicken encrusted deep dish dutch oven in the dark isn't nearly as fun as it sounds.
and dang, it sounds fun, doesn't it?

Brushing your teeth while camping is overrated.

My hair can NOT go more than a day without being washed.
no how, no way.

I need to build up a grease tolerance in my hair.
maybe by starting to only wash it every other day?

It's totally ok to use shampoo in a lake.
hopefully no fish died.

As long as there are 5 people that enjoy hanging out together, any ward activity can be fun.

6 comments:

jojoba said...

ha ha! (That should sound snotty)

I can go days without my hair getting greasy. I would venture to say possibly a week!

-jojoba

marlamuppets said...

love your blog friend o' carla's.
plus it's the only way i can see pictures of her! :)

marlamuppets said...

OH! and it totally cracks me up that you call it flaming george!
you are the funniest person i've never met. :)

Tia said...

hey, thanks for the tips. I'm going there this week for my first time!

Jeff said...

I'm glad you had fun. That was the last activity under the stewardship of Robyn and I. I hope we will be remembered favorably for it. :)

Mary Ann said...

Hi, Melissa Cox! I just read your entire blog and avoided some much-hated paperwork. You are hilarious and entertaining! I can't wait to be another faithful reader. That was the first time I'd heard about the funny Jackson Hole moment. Good times. --Mary Ann