Monday, April 21, 2008

highlights from a low-key place

Yup. That picture pretty much sums it up. I just spent the last week in a place without any cell phone reception or internet. I loved it. I wonder how the locals survive without those things. The highest moments of stress came while trying to find the perfect beach to take a sunset picture on. I'm not sure we were successful with that one. Oh, there was also deciding what movie to watch each night. Some decisions just take so much out of you that you have to spend the whole next day recovering via naps, gh3 and eating good food. Then, you decide again what beach to go to at what perfect sunset time and come home to the movie decision and the whole cycle is forced to start all over again the next day.

Oh, but I forget that there was a land line that liked to ring at 8am with recorded marketing calls. So, we weren't completely cut off from the world.

And there were plenty of 60 and older couples that would go on their walk through the 'ranchland' at the same time as I did every morning. Their dogs would always bound up and sniff my crotch just to let me know that I really did exist, physically. I don't know what it is about me. On our last night's search for beach sunset pictures, a lady walked her dog by us and it walked carelessly past the two in our group ahead of me, totally ignoring them. Then, sure enough, it saw the inseam of my pants and excitedly ran up to it to sniff, jump on it and basically just say hi. Then it continued on, where I assume it just ignored the last member of our group who apparently didn't have as exciting a crotch as I did. I guess I should be flattered.

Ok, so those aren't very good highlights. Hopefully I can write more later this week when I have more pictures to post.

2 comments:

jojoba said...

I think you need to write more controversial emails. And, maybe I shouldn't bring this up, but maybe you should wash your underwear more often?

glarcy said...

oh...that is a good tip! Maybe I'll do a trial run this week.