Tuesday, March 15, 2011

my life just got 3.14 times better

Yesterday we all celebrated one of the fastest growing holidays on the planet (determined with statistics from a dow melissa poll). If I knew more about pi, I imagine would be able to make a lot of intelligent quips right now about the circumference of my waist the day after Pi Day. I do believe I am at least 3.14 times larger around today than I was yesterday pre pie ingestion.

Other ways I celebrated this important day:

  • I hit my snooze bar 3.14 times
  • Was 3.14 minutes late for work
  • Had 3.14 for customers get mad at me
  • Attended 3.14 Pi/Pie parties (3 parties plus a piece of pie in bed before I went to sleep)
  • Met 3.14 new nerdy friends at each party - 10 total, but one was really small.
  • Got stuck in the far left hand turn lane at a malfunctioning stop light long enough to bake a pie and eat it
  • Successfully avoided making a pie for the 3.14th year in a row.
Thank you to all you people who did make pies so that I could eat them. Officially, I tried 6 different pies last night. I think that's a record for a girl with a body that would rather take a good soak in the great salt lake than eat too much sugar.

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Sounds like a fabulous way to celebrate pi day! Me? I didn't have a bite of pie or even think of it. Maybe next year...

Jeff said...

Thanks for coming over and celebrating pi day with us. I've recently discovered my second favorite mathematical constant, tau (which is 2 pi). We might have to celebrate tau day on June 28th, with twice as much pie.

jojoba said...

I like the twice as much pi on tau day idea. I second the motion.

Jana and Rob said...

Oh my gosh, you're so funny! Some of the other teachers went all out for pie day but I was too lazy. I wished I had chocolate pudding pie that day though.