Wednesday, October 07, 2009

my newest stallwart friend

Yes, I realize that's not how 'stalwart' is spelled, jenny jo....

Over the last several months, I have come to a realization: My favorite stall in our shared work bathroom has become my own personal stall. It doesn't matter if I wait until 4pm to use it for the first time in a given day...it always has the seat up to welcome me when I arrive (a sign that it hasn't been used since it was cleaned the previous night).

It used to not be this way, I promise. But, layoffs over the last year have apparently slimmed down our (and the lds church department who we share the bathroom with) female bathroom users. There are still a few other women at my company (who I assume still use the bathroom), but they must just use other stalls. I'm not going to say which stall it is, just in case some of those other women read this and want to steal my unused sanctuary. But there are at least 6 stalls in there and considering that I think there are only 5 women currently at my company, we could, in theory, each have our own stall! (I have not seen any church employees in there for months now)

On a bathroom related side-note: Stacey and I discovered the public bathroom bizarro world: Football games! I'm sure many of you already know this, but it's been a while since I've been to a real football game (is BYU considered real?....). So, at halftime, we braced ourselves for the long bathrooms lines only to discover that the men's line was HUGE, and the women's only had 3 people in it! More football games for me, please! And this time, I'll drink lots of water before hand.

7 comments:

jojoba said...

that's because there's way more dudes at a football game. Admit it, you're different from the normal girl...

Mary Ann said...

That's super luxurious that you get your own stall. I'm a little jealous.

Trent & Emily Davies said...

That is so funny that you blogged about this because I am the same way!! I have my own "personal" stall and I love that when I go into use it the seat is still up which means that my bum is the first one to grace its presence! How retarded is it that I get all happy inside when I walk into MY stall and know I am probably the only one that uses it.

PS...i have used the same stall since we first started working in this building...crazzzy

glarcy said...

It's a good thing you and I didn't pick the same stall to adopt! ...unless...wait, do you put the seat back up when you're done?!

Tia said...

I'm so glad I'm not alone. I love going in after lunch (which is when they get cleaned) and the lids are all up. Hopefully you don't have some strange person who lifts it after using it giving the impression that it is still fresh. :)

Cox Family said...

All I can say is...I love to read your blog!

Jeff said...

I'm so glad you took a picture of the toilet.